Friday 18 March 2011

Spring flowers

I am on a mad rush to get all my projects done for April. I must present my garments to a group of professors at the school I want to attend for fashion design.

I chose the 122 A skirt from 9/2010 issue of BurdaStyle.

View A is a double skirt, meaning it has lining/a tight skirt underneath, which is perfect for me, because the last thing I want is my bits to show when the wind blows

I used satin ribbon as my waistband. I folded it in half and pressed then attached interfacing to one half of the ribbon. Then attached to the waistband.

It has taken me about 10 years to learn take your time, don't rush through things and you will have a beautiful garment. Usually I try and zoom through the sewing process with messy and ill-fitting garments, but I have been hand basting all my darts, tricky seams, pleats and zippers, and I have noticed the difference. Nice clean techniques, hopefully the panel deciding my future will take notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment